Name: Dom Finn
Time Zone/ Country: Brisbane/Australia AEST/GTM+10
Basic skills and experiences:
Have been working as L2,L3 Technical Account specialist for an email
company for ~ 18 months.
* scripting (python, bash, perl)
* email technologies (exim/dovecot/sabreDAV/SpamAssassin/ClamAV)
* Nginx/Apache/WAF config + management
* SQL management
* deployment/ config management -> ansible
* Linux administration -> Fedora/RedHat/Centos, Debian/Ubuntu
* Cloud computing/Openstack/AWS -> Basic level management
* Network management -> OpenVPN/socks+proxys/dns/firewalls/load-balancing
Why you're joining:
Want to give back to an operating system that has given me so much.
After using Debian, Arch and now full time Fedora for last 12 months, i
have found something that is just right! I get to use this OS for free!
i feel guilty :) I also want to further my skillset in all the
previously mentioned areas.
What you're looking to do (be specific):
Help maintain and optimize current infrastructure. Get involved in all
things ansible + networking + security + python.
How much time you can contribute (usually hours per week)
I will drop in on the next IRC meeting. Please hit me and provide any
guidance and feedback you deem relevant :)
Show replies by date