On Wed, 20 May 2015 14:03:44 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy(a)redhat.com> wrote:
as you know we have new Fedora Cloud instance.
And we still have the *old* Fedora Cloud instance. I hereby declare
fed-cloud02 a.k.a old Fedora Cloud as deprecated. There is currently
67 machines in running state. And bunch of VM in shutdown state.
I would kindly ask all owners to:
* not create new VM on fed-cloud02, but rather use fed-cloud09
* migrate your machines from fed-cloud02 to fed-cloud09
* terminate your machines on fed-cloud02, which you do not use
(especially those under transient tenant).
There is no hurry, we are under no press. However I would like to set
up some dead line. Let say during June and July. During July I would
like to gather list of remaining VMs and write personal email to its
owners. In August - if there would be no reaction - I would suggest
to power off (not terminate!) those remaining VMs and keep them for
brief period. Sometime during fall terminate all machines and wipe
old Fedora Cloud instance.
Once again - this time-frame is just proposal as I would like to
avoid having old Cloud instance running infinitely. If you have
reason to have running it there and not migrating it, please raise
your voice and we can alter the schedule.
Yes, Patrick and I have been talking about and doing some planning on
0. We were going to look at replacing the existing ssl cert to avoid
that anoying urllib3 warning later this week.
1. Patrick is going to mail users we setup in our new cloud playbook
gpg encrypted versions of their initial password. This email will also
include how to add the ca so the cert is trusted and ask people to
reset their password to something only they know.
2. We control a number of the instances in the persistent tenant, we
just need to start moving them over. Things like jenkins and such. When
we do this we should check and make sure whatever we move is still
being used, and also make sure to call it in ansible by name (we have
several in there with ip, and it makes it really hard to see what they
are off hand, so I want to move everything to name based).
3. We also host buildbot instances for twisted folks. We need to reach
out to them and schedule migrating their buildbots.
4. After all those are moved, we can see whats left. Hopefully not much
at all. We always told folks that instances can be terminiated at any
point, so I don't think we need a really long ramp here.
5. After things are gone on the old cloud, we should reinstall and add
fed-cloud03 - fed-cloud08 to the new cloud as compute nodes, and
reinstall fed-cloud01/02 as a new cloud and a compute node.