title: CPE Weekly status email
tags: CPE Weekly, email
# CPE Weekly: 2020-03-06
The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done. Also for better communication between our groups we have
created #redhat-cpe on Freenode IRC! Please feel free to catch us
there, a mail has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists
with context here.
## Fedora Updates
* Freeze is over!
* New version of pagure (5.9.0) has been released and deployed in
staging and on pagure.io
* Document being worked on about how to onboard new CI systems in
Fedora - this is a work in progress!
### Request for Review
* Fedora magazine: Article proposals about Silverblue rebase to F32
* Packit integration in the-new-hotness
* KeepassXC flatpak issue https://pagure.io/flatpak-module-tools/issue/6
### Data Centre Move
* Communishift will be unavailable from 2020-04-13 until 2020-05-08
* Check out our detailed move shedule here
* Covid-19 has seen restrictions added to the data centres we are
moving from and to, however we are unaffected as of yet for the move.
* If or when our timelines become affected, we will inform you
immediately of any outages, downtimes, etc a delay could cause.
* Thank you for your understanding at this particularly uncertain and
### AAA Replacement
* We are nearly complete in our phase one development!
* Below are some of the features the team have developed since
beginning the project in mid-Jan
* UI where people register and login
* Add groups function
* Change personal details
* Enroll OPT
* Reset password
* View group owner details
* Use a search engine
* Our next steps in this project is to demo to the team for feedback
and then continue to develop CentOS authentication, more user focused
features, request for more feedback and test, test test!
* Monitor-gating is now running in production and has already caught a
couple of issues with bodhi (both in stg and in prod)!
* This is in review as a Fedora package:
* Work progressing on Koji tagging plugin (post-build), full use
case support for bumping releases
* The team hope to deploy this in staging soon!
### Sustaining Team
* Some progress on CRD for koji-builder and koji-hub components
has been made this week
* Bodhi 5.2.2 released
* Some issues with celery tasks & rawhide monitoring has been
super useful with this.
* Compose Tracker enhancement
* Tagging issues have been resolved
* Ability to ping maintainers
* Fedora Minimal Compose
* Odcs-backend-releng01 has been provisioned to enable testing
## CentOS Updates
* ppc64le and aarch64, 8 and 8-stream nodes now available in cico for
tenants to checkout. -- Email sent to ci-user list
* New signing for SIGs (through https://cbs.centos.org
) live this week!
### CentOS Stream
* Qt5.12 pushed in response to an internal request
* NetworkManager re-imported
### Other Updates
#### GitForge Decision
* After evaluating over 300 user stories from multiple stakeholders we
have aligned on a decision for the Gitforge that CPE will operate for
the coming years. We are opting for Gitlab for our dist git and
project hosting and will continue to run pagure.io with community
* Check out our GitForge decision on the Fedora Community blog
* And at the CentOS blog page
* Keep an eye out for mails in the coming months to the devel lists as
we plan transitions and next steps with GitLab
* We would like to express our sincere thank you to all who
contributed requirements to us!
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great weekend!
Community Platform Engineering Team
Red Hat EMEA