soon openjpa 2.4.0 will be available in rawhide
- partial support for Java8
tools to capture the fetching statistic data for the persistent fields
hamcrest12 is a compat package that doesn't seem to be used by anything
anymore. It currently fails to build in rawhide due to update of qdox.
This action will have no effect on the non-compat hamcrest package.
First off I would like to say that I'm very impressed by the effort you
have put into java packaging over the last few years. Getting a usable
environment for offline maven execution is no small feat.
One thing I noted, however, was that the unit tests for the guava library
was not run on package build. Which seems like a reasonable compromise but
not ideal. I decided to look into what would be needed dependency wise for
that to happen, and I came up with the following:
* updates-testing needs to be activated for the auto-value dependency.
* packages truth, allocation-instrumenter and caliper needs to be
introduced. I have created those packages and built them with guidance from
the Java Packaging HOWTO
<https://fedorahosted.org/released/javapackages/doc/>, the packages (SRPMS
and mock built noarch.rpms) are available from
https://resare.com/noa-fedora-playground/repo/22 but please beware of
newbie packaging mistakes :)
* With the dependencies handled I updated guava.spec to re-enable
guava-testlib and guava-tests. One test was consistently failing due to new
java8 behaviour, and I back ported a fix from guava master. The changes
needed can be viewed in my fork of git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/guava.git
at https://github.com/nresare/fedora-guava in the testlib-tests branch. The
actual commit can be viewed here:
I would love for my work to be of use in the fedora project and I'm willing
to spend some time to land my contributions at this time. I will now read
up on what I need to to contribute more formally.
Spotify Free Software ombudsman. I/O Tribe.
I am pleased to announce release of javapackages-tools 4.6.0.
new features/notable changes:
* added support for PM_request Mock plugin (Michael Simacek, Mikolaj Izdebski)
* read  for more information
* gradle-local subpackage now contains scripts for running Gradle in local mode (Mikolaj Izdebski)
* fedora-review-java-plugin was moved out of the javapackages-tools (Michael Simacek)
* it's a separate project now, you can find it at 
* added support for classifiers in pom_editor (Michael Simacek)
* better error reporting from RPM dependency generators
* improved documentation (Michael Simacek)
* rhbz#1230193 - %add_maven_depmap can produce incorrect metadata
* rhbz#1229735 - %pom_change_dep removes <optional> element (Michael Simacek)
* rhbz#1220469 - build-jar-repository --hard creates broken symlink instead of hardlink (Mikolaj Izdebski)
* rhbz#1217460 - xmvn-builddep: compat version is output as namespace
* rhbz#1231891 - TypeError in pom_editor.py