On Wednesday 16 July 2014 01:05:07 Timothy Murphy wrote:
Every hour or so the panel does not take any input,
eg I cannot change virtual desktop by clicking on them,
although I can change them by eg Ctrl-F3 or Ctrl-F5.
Fully up-to-date Fedora-20 with similar problem (but not exactly the same):
* The complete panel (not only virtual-desktop switching) is "almost" stuck.
* By "almost" I mean it respond to click with a *very* long delay (~10 seconds
I haven't found any way to cure this
except to log out and login again.
* Yesterday I noticed it first time and logged out/in again.
* Today, after your mail, I verified that restarting "plasma-desktop"
is sufficient to restore responsiveness:
- Used Ctrl-ESC to pop-up the process list
- searched "plasma-desktop" and killed it
- Used Alt-F2 to run a new "plasma-desktop"
- The new panel is responsive again.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Oron Peled Voice: +972-4-8228492
"First they ignore you,
then they laugh at you,
then they fight you,
then you win." -- Gandhi