Good evening everybody,
I've been testing the new Kinoite iso for F35, I have some notes and
suggestions, I wanted your comments before I create them in
* NetworkManager-ppp is not installed by default, this left me without
Internet (here in Iraq, we mainly use PPPoE), it is installed in the
usual Fedora KDE spin, I hope it gets added to Kinoite too.
* No graphical text editor is installed by default, I think we need
Kate installed (or KWrite, although I really really prefer Kate), and
hopefully vim too, I know I can layer it, but it's widely used and I
think it should be there by default.
* Qt5 QDbusViewer is installed by default, I don't think this is
needed in the default install (not in Kinoite nor in Fedora KDE spin),
I usually uninstall and exclude it (it gets pulled with distrosync),
can't do this here.
* Add Okular, Gwenview, KolourPaint, and a media player (preferably
not dragon, it's too basic).
* Already reported, hopefully it gets implemented in time:
(including the filtered
Flathub view) by default.
I think Workstation want to enable the view only if the user enables
third party repos, not sure what KDE SIG wants to do.
* Add usbmuxd to default install so that iPhone Internet USB tethering
work (both Fedora KDE spin and Kinoite), I was stuck then this post
What do you think?