On Sat, 2016-05-07 at 22:21 -0300, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
On 05/07/2016 07:24 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-05-07 at 15:48 -0500, Glenn Holmer wrote:
>> After the latest updates, saved session restore no longer restarts
>> Thunderbird and Firefox. Is anyone else seeing this?
> Don't use TBird but session restore for Firefox hasn't worked for
> over a year. It always comes up with the "this is embarrassing"
> and then restores after I click it. BTW Google Chrome doesn't work
> all with session restore.
Are you not quitting Firefox before login out/rebooting?
Of course, doesn't everyone?
If not you have to turn the "this is embarrassing message"
Interesting. I tried that and it does turn off the message, however ...
> I've filed a bug about both of these in the past (see https://bugs
> org/show_bug.cgi?id=343875) and things have improved for some apps
> not for these.
... I now find that the situation overall is definitely worse than
* Firefox gives the "embarrassing" message, but on clicking the button
it restores both its windows. I then have to move one window to a
different desktop where it should live.
* Chrome doesn't start and gives no error message.
* Evolution, Dolphin and qBittorrent all start correctly on various
* Firefox doesn't start at all. When I start it manually it only starts
one window, not two, i.e. it has lost information.
* Evolution doesn't start. When I start it manually it does so on its
* Everything else as before.
Clearly the change to FF can only have affected FF itself. The other
changes are presumably because I just "upgraded" to the latest Plasma.
So in summary, a very definite regression regarding session restore.