/me waves at legal experts
In the Fedora CoreOS community we'd like to log our IRC channel so we
can refer back to conversations we've had or link people to conversations
if they weren't in the channel and start a discussion with them while
allowing them to gain full context.
We were using botbot.me, but they will be shutting down soon . We
are looking to explore other options for this and are looking for legal
help to know what we can and can not do. A few comments/questions:
- logging channels seems to possibly conflict with GPDR
- if we were to keep logs for a shorter period of time, would it help?
- if an individual kept logs and provided a service, would that be
possible or would that possibly have implications for the individual's
- Are fedora irc meeting logs something that should have GPDR concern?
- If not, why not? Could the same reason apply to a general channel?
Do you have any advice on how we can achieve this goal?
See  where we have been having this discussion in Fedora CoreOS community.
Thanks for any help you can provide!