This is the 3-Clause BSD license, listed in the Fedora licensing list as
"BSD License (no advertising)". Any software licensed under this license
is a candidate for inclusion in Fedora.
NOTE: This email does not contain legal advice. This email also
does not establish a solicitor-client relationship. You should
neither take nor fail to take any action based on any information
in this email. If you have a legal issue, then retain legal counsel.
On 11/11/2013 04:29 PM, Manuel Faux wrote:
I would need some advice concerning a license. Does a file which is
licensed under the following conditions meet the requirements of
Fedora, to be allowed to be packaged?
* Copyright (c) 2006, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* -Redistribution of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
* list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* -Redistribution in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
* this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
* and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* Neither the name of Oracle or the names of contributors may
* be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without
* specific prior written permission.
* This software is provided "AS IS," without a warranty of any kind. ALL
* EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING
* ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED. SUN MICROSYSTEMS, INC. ("SUN")
* AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY LICENSEE
* AS A RESULT OF USING, MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS
* DERIVATIVES. IN NO EVENT WILL SUN OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST
* REVENUE, PROFIT OR DATA, OR FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,
* INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY
* OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SOFTWARE,
* EVEN IF SUN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
* You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or intended
* for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any
* nuclear facility.
More concrete, this is the license from jnlp-servlet.jar, which is part
of the Oracle JDK.
legal mailing list