A cumulative update, best reviewed by testing.
Enable formatting of a separate EFI System Partition and Apple HFS+ boot
partition based on the files efiboot.img and macboot.img in the /images
directory of the source. This means EFI booting is possible with overlay
sizes as large as the free space on the primary partition.
Support F2FS type formatting for the device root, home, or overlay
Provide boot support for F2FS-formatted discs with an EFI Boot Stub loader
from dracut, as GRUB support for F2FS is faulty at this time.
Allow conversion of the root filesystem type between ext, btrfs, xfs,
& F2FS and their available block sizes with editliveos.
Allow a Device-mapper target to be the target device for installation.
This would enable concurrent multi device installation through a
preconfigured Device-mapper mirror target.
- introduce the --noesp option to --format to avoid the extra partitions;
- on UEFI booted hosts, offer to create a UEFI boot entry for F2FS-based
- do not require SYSLINUX-EXTLINUX on the installation host;
- take greater advantage of BASH case statements for code structure;
- use fallocate on filesystem creation to reserve storage space for
- add a trap ERR line for error reporting in livecd-iso-to-disk;
- provide better support for isoscan/filename boots from .iso files;
- delete the uncompressed image file just after compression to make
more space available, if preservation of temporary files is not selected;
- use bind mounts for /run, /sys, & /dev in liveimage-mount;
- update documentation.
ref: ... as GRUB support for F2FS is faulty at this time.
I found that the following command run against a livecd-iso-to-disk
sudo grub2-install -v --boot-directory=/run/media/
\liveuser/ESP/EFI/BOOT --compress=xz --modules="part_gpt part_msdos
f2fs" --efi-directory=/run/media/ \liveuser/ESP/EFI --no-bootsector
--removable -s --target=x86_64-efi --recheck /run/media/liveuser/ESP/
produces a BOOTX64.EFI that recognizes the F2FS filesystem on listing
(hd0,gpt1) but scrolls blank lines continuously when listing (hd0,gpt1)/
I suspect that f2fs.mod is not fully compatible with f2fs ver 1.14.
Confirmation and followup on this would be appreciated.
I haven't been able to locate the source code that specifies the modules
included in the EFI boot loaders that are provided with the Fedora Live
.isos. A pointer to that would be appreciated too.
I have created a custom live image using livecd-creator, but when I
boot from it there is no way to login into KDE after that.
I have tried adding:
cat <<FOE > /etc/sddm.conf.d/autologin.conf
But I get the message:
ignoring %post failure (code 1)
/tmp/ks-script-xntc2id7: line 1: /etc/sddm.conf.d/autologin.conf: No
such file or directory
My kickstart file is very basic and I have not added any packages that
would cause problems.
Even building an image without any modifications causes a login problem.