On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 20:47 -0600, J. Hartline wrote:
It should be back up soon, as someone is working on that last I
If you need a snapshot there is one here:
Here's two patches. The first one enables squashfs. In order to use it
you invoke kadischi with the --filesystem option::
kadischi --filesystem=squashfs fc5-repo fedora.iso
The patch makes te following changes:
- New option --filesystem=[compressed fs type] This allows the ISO
creator to select zisofs or squashfs.
- Bug fix: Change file variable to filename because file is a python
- Compress the filesystem to a squashfs image if --filesystem was set
- Do not pass -z to mkisofs if we aren't compressing a zisofs.
- Create a /cdrom directory to mount the cdrom image to directly.
- Copy squashfs and loop modules to the initrd.
- Create loop[0-9] devices in the initrd.
- Mount the cd image onto /cdrom instead of /sysroot.
- If we're using squashfs, loopback mount it on /sysroot otherwise
bind mount the cdrom to /sysroot.
Note that I haven't tested zisofs output recently so it's possible I
broke zisofs creation since I started working on this.
The second patch is a collection of bugfixes of varying correctness:
* functions.py: import shutil as the cleanup() function uses it.
* install-boot.sh: Add selinux=0 to the kernel commandline as neither
squashfs nor zisofs support selinux xattrs.
* 04auth.sh: Comment out the lokkit call as this may not exist in the
install root. The selinux portion of this call is taken care of by
adding selinux=0 to the kernel commandlin. The firewall portion isn't.
And when we do add support for selinux the kernel commandline won't let
us choose between targetted/strict/other. So the correct fix for this
needs more thought.
* 05fsclean.py: Code "copy this directory recursively" in python to
avoid calling rsync in the install root (which may not exist and thus
* movefiles.py: Code a check for file existence before attempting to
move it. This should never be reached but my initial kadischi runs were
triggering some bug here. I haven't seen the diagnostic message
triggered recently so the bug may have gone back into hiding.
Let me know what you think,