Sorry, I mussed up the address for this list. :( ~m
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Zikula theme status
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:42:30 -0400
From: Máirín Duffy <duffy(a)redhat.com>
To: fedora-websites-list(a)redhat.com <fedora-websites-list(a)redhat.com>,
I've spent the past couple of days poking at the Zikula theme, and I'm
at the point now that I don't think I can progress much further without
some assistance. I have a bunch of other stuff on my plate too (more
importantly, the www.fpo
redesign work) so I need to move on for now,
but I hope to get back to Zikula this weekend or sometime next week if I
could get some help moving forward.
First of all, here's what we have so far:
Here's some of the issues I've been wrestling with:
• Images - This is my biggest concern right now. If you want to post an
image in an article, you can't. It won't let you. It just spits out the
img tag in plain text. :(
• Comments - I don't know how to get comments forms to appear beneath
articles. From searching the Zikula forums, I found out thatEZcomments
is a plugin that does it, but we don't seem to have it installed and I'm
not sure if it's okay to install.
• RSS - I don't know how to do this. We need one feed for all articles
and ideally at some point in the future a podcast and vodcast feed.
• Author names - I can't figure out how to get real human names :( not
sure how. Also my method of linking to the author's profile is rather hacky.
• Links for sidebar articles - can't get them, variable is a mystery.
When I use the usual variables all the sidebar article links (e.g.,
individual event details links) come up blank or point to the main
article being displayed.
* Feature story - I'd like to have one story displayed in full
blinginess on the front page, it seems the news module has a way to do
this but I can't figure out how to make it work (how do you assign
'today's feature' to an article?)
Any help is greatly appreciated! I hope you like the progress so far.