On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:02:26AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
Hello Marketing Crew :)
I have dumped the results from the FUDCon survey into an .odp file.
If anyone would like to take a peek at it before it is finalized (I
always love a fresh pair of eyeballs), please do so - if you have any
commentary / editorial / otherwise feedback, please send it to the
Some things that I noticed, in completely unscientific terms: :-)
* Need more respondents! :-) With our own survey facility we can
definitely have surveys ready in advance, so this is fixable IMHO.
We could even have a survey that's divided between tech-sessions and
hackfests (or more), to be more timely and accurate.
* Location tends to be fairly important to most people.
* The proceedings in general are more important to people than FUDPub,
although FUDPub is fairly important to most people.
* Despite the cold, plenty of people enjoyed the Toronto location.
* Both the tech-sessions and the hackfest "satisfaction" responses
correlated well with the "importance" responses.
* People rejected Google Wave 2-to-1 as a technology for FUDCon use.
Gobby and other whiteboarding software were considered much more
* One point I think that deserves attention in the written
suggestions: "Post readable/usable slides." I saw some slide decks
that were excellent, and some that really weren't, for people
looking at them later. Perhaps we could provide tips and resources
for people to make better slide decks for their talks in the future.
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
- - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug