#210: Magazine Categories - Reorganization?
Reporter: jflory7 | Owner: jflory7
Type: task | Status: assigned
Priority: normal | Milestone: Fedora 23
Component: Fedora Magazine | Severity: not urgent
Resolution: | Keywords:
Blocked By: | Blocking:
Comment (by ryanlerch):
Replying to [comment:9 pfrields]:
I had some thoughts on the categories. I like the majority of the
suggestions, but I also believe Ryan as editor in chief will need to make
the final call. Here's my proposal with slight changes:
* capture CTA posts into Contributor Community
* subsume HDYF into Interviews (although the series can keep its name in
just like other series)
* eliminate comedy posts -- we can't judge how it will come off
audiences, and we don't have enough articles for monotony to be an
so this is a solution in search of a problem
I think ryanlerch as editor in chief should probably make the final call
I think none of the proposals are bad as-is.
== Proposed Categories, rev. 3 ==
* '''5 Things in Fedora This Week''' (no change)
* '''(Fedora) Contributor Community'''
* Articles about "the happenings" across the Fedora Project that are of
interest to the entire Fedora user community (wider audience than
* Example: ''We're making Fedora more
* Articles relating to "calls of action" or other types of post about
specific topics from deep inside Fedora
* Example: ''Fedora Marketing is not a spectator
* Anything pertaining to events or real world happenings with Fedora
for Ambassadors to be engaged too…)
* '''Hot off the press! / New in Fedora'''
* Either name, depending on how serious we want to keep things. :)
* For breaking news about major changes or updates about changes that
* Distinctly different from How do you Fedora
* Can contain any type of interview
* Example: ''Creating laser light shows with Fedora''
* Includes '''How do you Fedora'''
* requires renaming existing category, can be done in the SQL
trivially if not
in the WP UI
* '''Using software'''
* Slug: /software
* For how-tos / guides / walkthroughs of using software in Fedora
* '''Using hardware'''
* Slug: /hardware
* For how-tos / guides / walkthroughs of using software with Fedora
I think this is awesome! and all of our current posts would easily fit in
one of these.
My vote is for "New in Fedora" rather than "Hot off the press!", but
could easlity be just "Fedora News" though not sold on that either. I
assume this category will contain items like ones about serious security
issues, and updates to big packages (like the firefox updateposts we
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/210#comment:11>
Marketing Team <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing>
The Trac site for the Fedora Project Marketing team. This Trac serves as a place to list
out tasks, define objectives, and work on monitoring our progress with key tasks and