The First IEEE International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
Part of FAS* - Foundations and Applications of Self* Systems
Augsburg, Germany, September 12-16, 2016
Call for Papers:
Cloud computing provides large range of services and virtually unlimited available
resources for users. New applications, such as virtual reality and smart building control,
have emerged due to the large number of resources and services brought by cloud computing.
However, the delay-sensitive applications face the problem of large latency, especially
when several smart devices and objects are getting involved in human’s life such as the
case of smart cities or Internet of Things. Therefore, cloud computing is unable to meet
the requirements of low latency, location awareness, and mobility support. To solve this
problem, researchers have introduced a trusted and dependable solution through the Fog and
the Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC) to put the services and resources of the cloud closer to
users, which facilitates the leveraging of available services and resources in the edge
networks. By this, we are moving from the core (cloud data centers) to the edge of the
network closer to the users. FMEC dependability is based on providing user centric
service. The purpose of Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing is to run the heavy real-time
applications at the network edge directly using the billions of connected mobile devices.
Several features enable the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing to be a perfect paradigm to
the aforementioned purpose, which are the dense geographical deployment of servers,
supporting mobility and the closeness to users. As in every new technology, some
challenges face the vision of the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing, which are the
administrative policies and security concerns (i.e. secure data storage, secure
computation, network security, data privacy, usage privacy, location privacy, etc).
This Conference aims to investigate the opportunities and requirements for Mobile Edge
Computing dominance. In addition, it seeks for novel contributions that help mitigating
Mobile Edge Computing challenges. That is, the objective of FMEC 2016 is to provide a
forum for scientists, engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange new ideas, novel
results and experience on all aspects of Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC). Researchers
are encouraged to submit original research contributions in all major areas, which
include, but not limited to:
* Mobile Cloud Computing Systems.
* FMEC Security and Privacy Issues.
* FMEC Pricing and billing models.
* FMEC support for VANETS and MANETS
* Cloudlet based computing
* Dew based computing
* Lightweight authentication mechanisms in FMEC architecture.
* Access Control models in FMEC.
* Identification of incentives for FMEC service providers.
* The future perspective for FMEC: Challenges and Open Issues.
* FMEC Quality of Service (QoS) improvements techniques.
* FMEC architecture features and evolution.
* FMEC Real-time communication interfaces and protocols.
* FMEC Resource scheduling that enhances the reliability and scalability.
* FMEC Resources monitoring mechanism and utilization measuring mechanism.
* FMEC resources allocation and management.
* Real-time load prediction model to optimize the user satisfaction.
* FMEC virtualization.
* Data storage, processing, and management at FMEC platform.
* Cyber hacking, next generation fire wall of FMEC.
* Deployment strategies of FMEC Servers
* Admission control for FMEC.
* Social engineering, insider threats, advance spear phishing.
* Incident Handling and Penetration Testing.
* Forensics of Virtual and FMEC Environments.
* Security protocols in FMEC.
Submission Date: 10 June 2016
Notification to Authors: 15 July 2016
Camera Ready Submission: 22 July 2016
Submissions Guidelines and Proceedings
Manuscripts should be prepared in 10-point font using the IEEE 8.5" x 11"
two-column format. All papers should be in PDF format, and submitted electronically at
Paper Submission Link. A full paper must not exceed the stated length (including all
figures, tables and references). Submitted papers must present original unpublished
research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers
not following these guidelines may be rejected without review. Also submissions received
after the due date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not
be considered. Authors may contact the Program Chair for further information or
clarification. All submissions are peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers. Accepted
papers will appear in the Conference Proceedings, and be published by the IEEE Computer
Society Conference Publishing Services and be submitted to IEEE Xplore for inclusion.
Submitted papers must include original work, and must not be under consideration for
another conference or journal. Submission of regular papers must not exceed 8 pages and
must follow the IEEE paper format. Please include up to 7 keywords, complete postal and
e-mail address, and fax and phone numbers of the corresponding author. Authors of accepted
papers are expected to present their work at the conference. Submitted papers that are
deemed of good quality but that could not be accepted as regular papers will be accepted
as short papers. Length of short papers.
* Elhadj Benkhelifa, Staffordshire University, UK. e.benkhelifa(a)staffs.ac.uk
* Yaser Jararweh, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan.
* Burak Kantarci, Clarkson University, USA
* Jaime Lloret Mauri - Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
* Salim Hariri, University of Arizona, USA
* Yaser Jararweh, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
* Jaime Lloret Mauri - Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
* Houbing Song, West Virginia University, USA.
* Mubashir Husain Rehmani, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
* Danda Rawat, Georgia Southern University, USA.
* Ejaz Ahmed, University of Malaya, Malaysia
* Elhadj Benkhelifa, Staffordshire University, UK
* Qussai M. Yaseen, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
* B.B. Gupta, National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
Invited Speaker and Panel Co-Chairs
* Massimo Villari, UMessina, Italy
* Mahmoud Al-Ayyoub, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
* Dzmitry Kliazovich, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
* Segun Adedugbe, Staffordshire University, UK
Please send any inquiry on FMEC 2016 to Yaser Jararweh :
email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> and to Elhadj Benkhelifa:
Jordan University of Science and Technology accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus transmitted by this email.