On Jul 5, 2013 10:03 AM, "Kevin Fenzi" <kevin(a)scrye.com
I'd like to propose some changes to the spins process for F20.
I'm sending this just to the spins and test lists first, to try and hash
out things, then we can move on to running it the devel list once we
have more concrete plans.
shall be the cannonical
list of approved spins by the sig.
A Milestone is one of Alpha, Beta, Final.
A basic spin test will be created (Or perhaps we can re-use the Basic
desktop test, or whatever QA folks would prefer). This basic spin test
* The image composes.
* The image boots with any method
* The liveuser user can login
* The user can apply updates
* All Alpha tests, and
* The image meets it's size goal
* The image boots with all supported live media boot methods.
* All Beta test and
* No selinux denials on boot/login
At the Alpha milestone, all approved spins will be created by rel-eng.
Each approved spin MUST have at least 2 people fill in the Basic spin
test matrix for at least 1 TC or RC. If the image fails, maintainers
can try again at the next milestone, but the image is NOT shipped for
that milestone. if an image doesn't get 2 people filling in Basic spin
tests, the image is dropped for that cycle and IS NOT SHIPPED FOR THAT
RELEASE! Such images can be reapproved by the spins sig for the next
At the Beta milestone, only those images that got testing in the Alpha
milestone will be produced.
At the Final milestone, only those images that were tested at the Beta
release will be produced.
page will be
enhanced with a 'Alpha/Beta/Final' field, where we can note what spins
are in what state.
Questions/Feedback needed on:
- Is 2 people too many? Should it just be 1? or More?
- Are there other Basic tests we should require?
- Is there a better way to track things than that wiki page?
- Is there a good way to make sure all spins maintainers are aware of
these changes and are not surprised by them?
Apologies in advance for cross-posting. I think Kevin's proposal is
reasonable, I'm pretty sure we can manage 2 people to test the Jam ISOs
at Alpha/Beta and Final. If you have any feedback I'd recommend replying
on the spins list rather than here, so the other Spins SIGs can hear