On 16. 12. 19 13:03, Vít Ondruch wrote:
My proposal is high level idea. It is easy to shot it down based on
would one split several Python modules across several subpackages?". Of
course next step would be to output to wile lists, one for py files
while the other for pyc files. If you are talking about other possilbe
subpackages, it could be possible to use some parameter, or block to
create appropriately named file list.
My proposal is a low level idea. It is easy to shot it down based on "my high
level idea I don't fully comprehend* is better than yours".
(* That's what you have admitted in this very thread.)
So let me summarize this here:
- I hear your high level idea. I heard it for the first time.
- I plan to summarize Python Minimization ideas early 2020, including yours.
- %pycached macro does not go against your idea.
- You idea can be realized in rawhide only (if at all).
- %pycached makes existing specs easier.
- %pycached can be backported to older releases.
- There is a volunteer to implement %pycached (done).
- AFAIK There is no volunteer to implement your idea.
I appreciate your ideas, but providing them as negative feedback to %pycached is
not fair. And call me bullheaded if you want, but I will not consider such
feedback, as it is IMHO not helpful.
Now, can we please focus on actual feedback to %pycached? Possibly in a