Ugh. Sorry -- the patch is essentially correct but I was too quick to
think it was finished. The patch is hardcoding the build directory to
"build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/". This is wrong. To finish off the
patch and make it suitable for applying to astropy it needs to figure
out that value from the build environment similar to what's being done
in AstropyBuildPy.finalize_options. On different arches and systems
it would be build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7, build/lib.linux-x86-2.7, etc.
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 07:03:19PM -0300, "Germán A. Racca"
> On 03/13/2014 06:57 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >I got busy but I started taking a look. It seems like the build scripts for
> >that package (it's setup.py) are overriding some of the standard distutils
> >commands with ones from astropy. I need to look at those and see if they're
> >what's causing this issue.
> Thanks for your time. If you prefer, you can contact me via IRC in
> Fedora channels, my nick is skytux.
Okay, it looks like it is a bug in astropy.
I'm attaching a patch that I applied to astropy that got the build working.
I don't have a deep understanding of setuptools and distutils internals, so
I'm not sure if the patch is correct or just is a good starting point for
getting the code fixed.