PHP project have recently release PHP 5.5.0alpha1.
See : http://php.net/manual/en/migration55.php
I have start working on RPM.
If you are interested, you can follow my work on:
Some fedora 17.x86_64 build are available (php + ~20 pecl extensions):
Some noticeable changes:
- new sub-package php-gmp which provides gmp
- package php-xml now also provides xml and simplexml
- package php-process now provides shmop
- more extensions build shared (in php-common)
- dtrace is enabled
- mysql extension still exists but is deprecated
Of course, a lot of other changes are expected ;)
just need to create the Fedroa 19 feature page.
(I don't plan to import PHP 5.5 in rawhide before beta)