On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 02:25, fabian.arrotin(a)ibsbe.be wrote:
The iSeries box on which i want to install Fedora is a iSeries 810 (Power
4). I've already installed a Redhat 7.1 and a Suse Entreprise 8.0 on this
machine (just for tests) in a LPAR.
How can i launch the Fedora Setup on such box ?
I remember that for the Redhat 7.1, i needed to
- copy the vmlinux file on the IFS (Integrated File System) of the iSeries
- configure the LPAR to boot from a STMF (Stream file) located in the root
of the iSeries file system
- Vary on (power on) the LPAR on the iSeries
- Kernel boots and launch the setup program (from that point, i configured
the LAN and choose to install from an NFS server)
So, do you think i just need for the Fedora to :
- copy the files located here :
on my iSeries
- launch the LPAR like i did in the past for the Redhat 7.1 ?
I just tried this with the latest rawhide. The installer kernel oopsed
very early on.