On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:53:13 +0000
Alexandra Beebe <Alexandra.Beebe(a)sslmda.com> wrote:
I hope I have what is a short question and I am not bothering you too
much. My company recently received two (2) power8’s. I have been
able to install PPC64P7 Fedora 19 with no problems. But anytime I
try to install a ppc rpm package I get a ton of errors and multiline
complains. In fact I just looked at all of the packages installed on
a system and they are all ppc64, ppc64p7, or no arch. So given this
at this point in time I don’t know if
1) I am being slow, and doing something wrong?
2) If I should turn off the multilib warning messages?
3) If for some reason mixed ppc/ppc64 mode is no longer
allowed on F19? a) Would it be possible to turn back on ppc/ppc64
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think we already discussed this on IRC, so the summary is
- building ppc (32-bit) rpms was dropped during F-21 development cycle
- by default only multilibed packages (mainly libraries) are available
in both 32 and 64 bit versions in 64 bit distro
- for install 32 bit rpms from the standalone 32 bit trees requires to
have enabled for the "Fedora Everything" repo and the "updates" repo.
This way yum can get the same NVRs for 32 bit rpms being installed and
already installed 64 bit rpms.