On Wed, 2016-10-26 at 15:24 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
So, if no-one has any objections, I'm intending to move the contents of
fedora-qa.git from fedorahosted to Pagure. At the same time, I think
it'd make sense to split some things out into their own projects. My
rough plan is to split out at least check-compose, relvalconsumer and
stats into separate projects. I'm not sure which of the other things
it's worth splitting out.
I'll probably put the new projects in the fedora-qa namespace and under
the fedora-qa group (if I can). git seems to have some fairly nifty
capabilities for isolating the history of individual files /
so we should be able to produce decent histories for each new project.
Does anyone mind me going ahead and doing this? And importantly, is
anyone aware of any significant deployments besides the ones I'm
already looking after (openQA boxes etc) which use the stuff from this
git repo, and would need to be updated to pull from the new project
OK, this is all done now, and fedora-qa.git is a mere empty shell with
a MOVED.md text file. End of an era!
The new split out projects are:
The rest of the bits are in:
I wiped the old wiki stats scripts that were replaced by relval
subcommands from qa-stats as part of the move, and also wiped the
'fedocal' directory from qa-misc right after the move, as it seems to
be something we just don't use at all. But both are still available in
the history if someone wants to resurrect either.
git filter-branch, while being *totally awesome*, is a bit hard to
drive, so some commit history for the stats scripts and relvalconsumer
has been mostly lost, because it's hard to account for files being
renamed and moved around. I think it's still buried in the bowels of
the git metadata somewhere, as I didn't garbage-collect anything, but
accessing it isn't easy. If anyone really cares, you can study up on
git man pages and try to resurrect it. :P But I don't think it's that
important. Basically the history of the stats scripts from before they
were moved into the `stats/` subdirectory is gone, as is the history of
`relvalconsumer` up until it was renamed to that (it was called
`relval-fedmsg` or something initially).
I did some cleanup on the projects as I went along, adding READMEs for
each and doing some license spadework and stuff. I also updated
internal references to fedorahosted where I noticed them.
I did my best to update all the references to the various projects in
the wiki and the infra ansible repo too, and even sent a comment to
kparal's blog post on bzattach. If anyone spots any I missed, please do
fix them up.
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | XMPP: adamw AT happyassassin . net