The R-multcomp maintainer asked me to look into why it was failing to
build in rawhide. When I looked into it, I discovered that something is
broken in how R CMD CHECK --no-install works in 2.10.1. I couldn't tell
you what is broken exactly, but I took the time today to package up all
the Suggests (and their depchain) and tested the package without
--no-install (and without --no-latex) and it works fine again.
I asked Orion (the R-multcomp maintainer) if he was interested in
maintaining/co-maintaining/reviewing these new R packages, but he wasn't
interested. In fact, he said he was more inclined to orphan R-multcomp.
Is there any interest in helping me maintain and review these new R
packages in Fedora? The packages are already done, its just the reviews
and upkeep that I'd need help with.
Here's the packages:
These are the R packages I made today:
coin, colorspace, ipred, lme4, mboost, mlbench, modeltools, multicore,
party, robustbase, sandwich, strucchange, vcd, xtable
If any of these look interesting to you, speak up! If no one cares, I
might just let R-multcomp orphan off, but if there are some willing
helpers, I'll keep it alive with its new dependencies.
As announced on my blog, I have released the new version of R2spec
(version 3.0.0) containing R2rpm.
Below is the full changelog for this release.
Thanks for your comments/feedbacks on this release.
Feel free to test it again and add karma on Bodhi 
Thanks to all of you again,
Version 3.0.0 -- 05th May 2019
- Features added
* R2spec can now be called from an external script
* Use template via jinja2 to generate the spec files (Based on an idea
of Allen S. Rout)
* Create the R2rpm script which directly builds the rpm
* Add a man page for R2rpm
* Add the -p option which enable to build a spec from a package name
* Parse the PACKAGES file from the repositories to find the
information for the packages
* Make the print of the TODO optional in the API
* Give the opportunity to use mock to build the RPMs (rpmbuild being
* Enable to specify the mock command in the conf file
* Enable to change the argument given to rpmbuild via the conf file
(to build srpm instead of rpm for example)
- Bugs correction
* Fix the addition of the R- prefix to the dependencies
* Rewrite the reading of the DESCRIPTION file from R
* Do not enforce the spec and the source directory, reads the
Thanks to José Matos for this function
* Fix the summary if it ends with a dot "."
* Capitalize the summary by default
* Change UTF-8 to utf-8 to make emacs happy
* Fix the spec file for the dependencies of this new release
* Fix some bugs while trying to generate the RPM/SPEC from a tarball