I was able to update Ruby to the most recent 3.0.3 version in Rawhide.
I'd appreciate if anybody could help with older versions of Fedora.
Since Rawhide contains a lot of OpenSSL 3.x related fixes, it'd be
probably better to do the updates in F35 and older from scratch, rather
then taking the changes from Rawhide.
BTW the build succeeded after ~12 attempts due to .
This ^^ is first draft of Ruby which should be compatible with OpenSSL
3.x. So far, I was just successful to build the package including
passing the test suite. Nevertheless:
* Some test cases are disabled, because they fail even upstream
* Upstream is not done with the patch set, so there will be eventually
changes. But I'd like to fix the FTBFS ASAP.
* The patches needs to be renamed and described and what not.
* There are certainly quite a few deprecation warnings during build, but
I'm not going to fix them. Preferring smaller patch set + better
backward compatibility over them
* I have not tested anything else, not even if it installs and if e.g.
some gem can be installed.
* It would deserve test mass rebuild, or at least mass rebuild of
packages which are currently FTBFS, such as Puma and possibly event machine.
There is probably lot more what is wrong with the PR, so please don't
merge it yet, but feel free to give it try. I just wanted to share my
progress and save the work :)