Long time no see, so I thought I dropped a line of what is achieved so
far about this project. GSoC comes to an end later this month but that
doesn't mean the effort is over. I will continue to work on this until
it gets officially in Fedora.
I managed to deploy GitLab on a Fedora 19 machine using only installed
packaged gems. Below you will find some more info as well as the url of
the testing environment. Please use/test it and report any issues here
. If anyone needs an admin account for further testing just let me
know. Just bare in mind that you might see some 500 errors as I will be
trying some things :)
OS: Fedora 19
Temp deploy: https://fedora.axilleas.me
Enviromnent: using only installed packaged gems either from the official
repos or my custom one .
Gemfile diffs:  and 
Systemd services: Running without using bundler 
There are a lot to be done yet but that's a start.
- Write gitlab.spec that will glue all the dependencies together
- Commit as many specs as possible to BZ.
- GitLab forks: one option is to patch upstream with GitLab's changes.
second but rather avoided is to to ask FPC for an exception and package
the forks as they are.
- Coordinate efforts with Debian ruby team (I already contacted them) 
- Deploy on rawhide: when GitLab supports rails 4. That depends on many
dependencies gems as well.
- port to EPEL
FAS : axilleas
GPG : 0xABF99BE5