Maybe this is related to the repo. manager, but I must say, a standalone
"security" repo is very necessary.
Because of some reasons, I don't enable the updates repo, but the
security updates are pushed to it, I can't get them! (especially kernel
It could be a very important problem for some users who don't enable
Regards, | 祝好
._\\. Breakpoint 2012 (___.
: Intercontinental Rialto :
: Melbourne, Australia :
: October 17th-18th :
:__ . ___:
Breakpoint is a new security conference to be held on the 17th and 18th of
October, in Melbourne Australia. The event will show case the work of expert
security researchers from around the world on a wide range of topics.
Breakpoint is organised by the Ruxcon conference team and will offer a
specialised and more professional security conference to complement and lead
into the larger and more casual Ruxcon weekend conference. Breakpoint will
cater towards security researchers and industry professionals alike, with a
focus on cutting edge security research.
With just one day separating both conferences, Breakpoint presents a great
opportunity for our selected speakers to receive a complimentary trip to
Australia and experience both the Breakpoint and Ruxcon conferences, not to
mention the great weather, awesome parties, and friendly people.
Melbourne is Australia's cultural capital, with Victorian-era architecture,
extensive shopping, museums, galleries, theatres, and large parks and gardens.
It is a city of many subcultures, personalities and styles, and it is these
layers that make it so interesting. Melbourne has a vibrant arts and music
scene, eccentric cafes, cobbled lane-ways, quirky shops, intimate bars and
restaurants, and is known as one of the world's great streetart capitals.
* May 10 Call For Presentations Open
* July 30 Call For Presentations Close
* October 15-16 BreakPoint Training
* October 17-18 BreakPoint Conference
* October 20-21 Ruxcon Conference
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
o Mobile Device Security
o Exploitation Techniques
o Reverse Engineering
o Vulnerability Discovery
o Rootkit Development
o Malware Analysis
o Code Analysis
o Virtualization, Hypervisor Security
o Cloud Security
o Embedded Device Security
o Hardware Security
o Telecommunications Security
o Wireless Network Security
o Web Application Security
o Law Enforcement Activities
o Threat Intelligence
o You get the idea
In order for us to process your submission we will require the following
1. Presentation title
2. Detailed summary of your presentation material
4. Mobile phone number
5. Brief personal biography
6. Description of any demonstrations involved in the presentation
7. Information on where the presentation material has or will be presented
* Preference will be given to presentations that contain original research
that will be first presented at Breakpoint.
* As a general guideline, BreakPoint presentations are between
45 and 60 minutes, including question time.
If you have any enquiries about submissions, or would like to make a
submission, please send an email to bpx(a)ruxconbreakpoint.com
Speakers at BreakPoint will be entitled to the following benefits:
- A round trip economy airfare to Melbourne (total cost limit applies)
- Three nights accommodation at the Intercontinental Rialto
- Complementary registration for Breakpoint and Ruxcon conferences
- Invitation to all BreakPoint and Ruxcon parties
- Unlock 'Presented on world's smallest continent' achievement
* All speaker benefits apply to a single speaker per submission.
If you have any questions or queries, contact us at:
* Email: bpx(a)ruxconbreakpoint.com
* Twitter @ruxconbpx