I noticed that indentation of examples for ad_gpo_map_* is realy weird.
attached is a simple patch which just remove whitespaces.
How it looked on terminal (80x25):
A comma-separated list of PAM service names for which GPO-based
access control is evaluated based on the NetworkLogonRight and
DenyNetworkLogonRight policy settings.
It is possible to add another PAM service name to the default set
by using “+service_name” or to explicitly remove a PAM service name
from the default set by using “-service_name”. For example, in
order to replace a default PAM service name for this logon right
(e.g. “ftp”) with a custom pam service name (e.g.
“my_pam_service”), you would use the following configuration:
ad_gpo_map_network = +my_pam_service, -ftp
Default: the default set of PAM service names includes:
[Sending response to the list so the information can be referenced in the future]
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Roland Mainz" <rmainz(a)redhat.com>
> To: "Pavel Reichl" <preichl(a)redhat.com>
> Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:43:49 PM
> Subject: Re: xml schema used for generating man pages
> > I was editing information about an option that is in multiple files,
> > problem is that part of the description is file specific while part is
> > common for all the files. Is it possible to include file that doesn't
> > have a single parent node? Please see attached link that documents the
> > problem even more.
> What about using xml:include in such cases ?
Below are some random notes about using xincludes:
** /usr/bin/xmllint and /usr/bin/xsltproc require the option --xincludes to do any XInclude processing... without that option no xinclude processing is done (this is intentional because there are cases where the xinclude statements should be processed in a later stage in a XML processing chain)
** There are two XInclude modes which are interesting for DocBook processing (<xi:...> being the XInclude namespace - see examples):
1. <xi:include href="URL" />, which includes a whole XML document
Note that the XML document must be valid and must include all namespace declarations or it will not work
2. <xi:include href="URL" parse="text" />, which includes a text file as plain text and automagically does all the necessary quoting, e.g. special characters like '>', '<' etc. are converted to XML entities. This is very useful for tags like <programlisting> where in the past lots of effort and patches were needed to fix the layout.
Note that any leading spaces before xi:include are included in the output of <programlisting> because they are already part of the text data for <programlisting>
** It is possible to include XML fragments... but that requires XPointer and that's another long email... so I defer that until someone needs it
** Below are some example files which show how to use it (full versions attached to this email as "sssd_docbook_man_xinclude20150116_001.pax.gz", use GNU tar or AST pax to unpack):
-- snip --
$ (for i in 'true.1.xml' 'authors.xml' 'true.1.example1.txt' ; do printf '\n#### %s\n' "$i" ; cat -n "$i" ; done)
4 <!-- BEGIN true.1.xml -->
6 <!-- define refnentry tag and declare the xinclude namespace with the prefix 'xi:...' -->
7 <refentry xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="4.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" id="true">
44 <para>The command can be run like this:
47 <!-- include text file as plain text segment (i.e. attribute parse="text") - no extra quoting etc. required -->
48 <!-- withing "programlisting" tags the leading spaces before xi:include are included in the output, too!! -->
49 <xi:include href="true.1.example1.txt" parse="text" />
59 <xi:include href="authors.xml" />
64 <!-- END true.1.xml -->
4 <!-- BEGIN authors.xml -->
6 <!-- first element in this include file must define the namespaces or $ xsltproc # will choke -->
8 <simplelist xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="4.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" id="true">
9 <member><othercredit><firstname>Mark</firstname> <surname>Lillibridge</surname> <affiliation><orgname>MIT Project Athena</orgname></affiliation></othercredit></member>
10 <member><othercredit><firstname>Roland</firstname> <surname>Mainz</surname> <affiliation><orgname>University Giessen</orgname></affiliation></othercredit></member>
13 <!-- END authors.xml -->
1 $ true
2 $ printf '<result>%d</result>\n' $?
-- snip --
Now $ xsltproc --xinclude /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-ns-stylesheets-1.78.1/html/docbook.xsl true.1.xml >x.html # can be used to convert the "true.1.xml" manpage to HTML and all include stuff is done automagically
BTW: IMHO it is wise that any XML documents shipped in binary RPMs should have all their XInclude references resolved because otherwise we have to keep track where the fragments we want to include are located.
Also, Chrome, FireFox, Seamonkey and w3m do not support XIncludes (e.g. not for XHTML, MathML or SVG) because there are unresolved issues (like event handling, how do handle loops etc. or that full XInclude support requires full XPointer support and that's not a can-of-worms, it's at least a swimming-pool-of-snakes... ;-( )
__ . . __
(o.\ \/ /.o) rmainz(a)redhat.com
\__\/\/__/ IPA/Kerberos5 team
/O /==\ O\
(;O/ \/ \O;)
If OR is used in assert macro we never know what part of the condition
was not met from a failure message directly.
I'm seeing a failure in server-tests, because pid number of sssd process
is greater than 0xffff, it is bigger than 100k. Where does this constant
[ RUN ] test_run_as_root_daemon
tmp > 0xFFFF
attached are some small patches and most importantly unit tests I wrote
recently when patching the child_common.c module.
Please note that these patches shouldn't be applied until we split off
the master branch from 1.12, but if I don't send them out before the
Christmas break I'll forget completely :-)