as we're stabilizing the 1.13 branch and before we plan what we want to
work on during the 1.14 development, we should use that time to write
some more tests!
Here are some areas where we could add tests. Please discuss or add your
ideas, I would like to turn this list into tickets we can start
* Extend the LDAP provider tests with more dynamic test cases.
- add a user to a group, run sss_cache, assert id user displays the
new group and getent group displays the new member
- conversely with removing users from groups
* Background refresh
- could be built atop the LDAP NSS tests as well. I think we have
all the infrastructure in place.
* Local overrides integration test:
- this could be relatively easy, just call the overrides tool and
request the entry. Could be built atop the existing LDAP tests
or even use the local provider.
* Add a KDC
- until we have a pam_wrapper, this would only be useful to test
ldap_child, but adding the KDC instantiation might be worth it
- there is a protorype of KDC instantiation on the list for some
time now, since we enabled rootless SSSD
* IFP - could we reuse the existing sbus tests to spawn a custom bus?
* SUDO - can we trick sudo into connecting to our test sssd instance?
I think the order of priority is roughly as above. I think the LDAP
provider is critical enough to be well tested. The refresh and local
override tests might be nice to have because we would be refactoring the
NSS responder in 1.14, so we should have it tested.
I'll be happy to hear other opionions, though!