# SSSD 2.8.0
The SSSD team is announcing the release of version 2.8.0 of the
System Security Services Daemon. The tarball can be downloaded from:
See the full release notes at:
RPM packages will be made available for Fedora shortly.
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the sssd-devel
or sssd-users mailing lists:
### General information
* The new D-Bus function ListByAttr() allows the caller to look for
users that have an attribute with a certain value. For performance
reasons, it is recommended that the attribute is indexed both on the
remote server and on the local cache. The sssctl tool now provides the
cache-index command to help you manage indexes on the local cache.
### New features
* Introduced the dbus function
org.freedesktop.sssd.infopipe.Users.ListByAttr(attr, value, limit)
listing upto limit users matching the filter attr=value.
* sssctl is now able to create, list and delete indexes on the local
caches. Indexes are useful for the new D-Bus ListByAttr() function.
* sssctl is now able to read and set each component's debug level
### Important fixes
* `domains` option in `[sssd]` section can now be completely omitted if
domains are enabled via `domains/enabled` option
### Configuration changes
* New option 'core_dumpable' to manage 'PR_SET_DUMPABLE' flag of SSSD
processes. Enabled by default.
* New option 'ldap_enumeration_refresh_offset' to set the maximum period
deviation between enumeration updates. Defaults to 30 seconds.
* New option 'subdomain_refresh_interval_offset' to set the maximum
period deviation when refreshing the subdomain list.
* New option 'dyndns_refresh_interval_offset' to set the maximum period
deviation when updating the client's DNS entry. Defaults to 0.
* New option 'refresh_expired_interval_offset' to set the maximum period
deviation when refreshing expired entries in background.
* New option 'ldap_purge_cache_offset' to set the maximum time deviation
between cache cleanups. Defaults to 0.
* Option 'ad_machine_account_password_renewal_opts' now accepts an
optional third part as the maximum deviation in the provided period
(first part) and initial delay (second part). If the period and initial
delay are provided but not the offset, the offset is assumed to be 0. If
no part is provided, the default is 86400:750:300.
* override_homedir now recognizes the %h template which is replaced by
the original home directory retrieved from the identity provider, but in