On (17/12/14 20:54), John Beranek wrote:
I want just wrote a summary of long off the list discussion.>Hi,
>I've been investigating problems with the SSSD 1.11 versions supplied in
>RHEL/CentOS 6.6 for a while now. I've followed:
>and also created a case with Red Hat support. However, I'm still no closer
>to solving the issue.
>After updating servers to the SSSD in 6.6, intermittently (for particular
>users but not on all servers, and not necessarily all the time) users don't
>get their supplementary groups. e.g:
>[root@rhel6-template sssd]# id matthewbe
>uid=46721(matthewbe) gid=20513(domain users) groups=20513(domain users)
>This is with the latest SSSD on a RHEL6.6 server, i.e.:
>Our environment is Windows 2003 AD controllers, and users *without* POSIX
>attributes in their AD records. So, snippets of sanitised sssd.conf:
>debug_level = 9
>id_provider = ad
>auth_provider = ad
>access_provider = ad
>chpass_provider = ad
>ad_server = dc01.local,dc02.local
>ad_backup_server = ad.local
>ad_domain = ad.local
># ID mapping
>min_id = 20000
>ldap_idmap_range_min = 20000
>#ldap_idmap_range_max = 220000
>ldap_idmap_range_size = 200000
>ldap_idmap_default_domain_sid = S-1-5-21-2365159532-2245169678-2931239768
>ldap_schema = ad
>ldap_id_mapping = true
>override_homedir = /home/AD/%u
>override_shell = /bin/bash
># access controls
>ldap_access_order = expire
>ldap_account_expire_policy = ad
>ldap_force_upper_case_realm = true
>ldap_referrals = false
>I've tried a few config changes to fix the issue, but none has fixed it,
>ldap_use_tokengroups = False
>ldap_group_objectsid = objectSID
>ldap_user_objectsid = objectSID
>ldap_deref_threshold = 0
>ldap_schema = rfc2307bis
We exchanged many log files and tested lot of packages.
Thank you very much John for cooperation.
John's initial problem with missing supplementary groups was resolved
after some changes on AD side. But there were sill some missing groups.
We tested never version off sssd with enabled and disabled tokengrops.
sssd-1.12 with enabled tokengroups
[user@host tmp]# id -G matthewbe | perl -pi -e 's/ /\n/g'|wc -l
sssd-1.9 (rhel 6.5) or (sssd-1.12 with disabled tokengroups)
[user@host]$ id -G matthewbe | perl -pi -e 's/ /\n/g'|wc -l
The "workaround" with disabled tokengroups was actually a bug .
Sumit implemented filtering of "Distributions groups" 
as part of ticket. It did not work with disabled tokengrous due to bug.
Even thought im might look like regression from sssd-1.9 (less supplementary
groups). It is by design. The "workaround" will not work with sssd >= 1.12.5
which will be released very soon.
Technet site says:
"Distribution groups are not security-enabled, which means that
they cannot be listed in discretionary access control lists (DACLs)."