On 02/04/13 22:39, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 01:42:46PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> With the AD provider you shouldn't be needing any of the options below.
>> The AD provider should just default to them.
>> Is there a reason you are using password binds and not GSSAPI?
> OK, I have removed all the lines you suggested and getent stopped
> working, examining /var/log/sssd/sssd_DOMAIN.log gives the reason:
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [resolve_srv_send]
> (0x0400): SRV resolution of service 'AD'. Will use DNS discovery
> domain 'DOMAIN'
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [resolve_srv_cont]
> (0x0100): Searching for servers via SRV query '_ldap._tcp.DOMAIN'
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [resolv_getsrv_send]
> (0x0100): Trying to resolve SRV record of '_ldap._tcp.DOMAIN'
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]]
> [request_watch_destructor] (0x0400): Deleting request watch
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [resolve_srv_done]
> (0x0020): SRV query failed: [Domain name not found]
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [fo_set_port_status]
> (0x0100): Marking port 0 of server '(no name)' as 'not working'
> (Tue Apr 2 12:52:55 2013) [sssd[be[DOMAIN]]] [set_srv_data_status]
> (0x0100): Marking SRV lookup of service 'AD' as 'not resolved'
> It is trying to look up the samba domain name instead of the the DNS
> domain.name, re-adding the following line cures this:
> dns_discovery_domain = domain.lan
I see, this is interesting. Does the value of dns_discovery_domain
differ from the value of ad_domain? If not, then I would consider it a
I must have misunderstood you, because I turned off 'ad_domain =
domain.lan'. I have now turned it back on again and turned off the
dns_discovery_domain line and it still works.
>> I think there are two options:
>> 1) keep using the ID mapping and tailor the configuration of the ID
>> mapper in the SSSD so that it generates the same output as the winbind
>> mapper. We've done this before, it's not the nicest looking
>> configuration, but it works.
> What sssd ID mapping seems to do is, get the last part of the SID
> and add a number to the front of it, is this correct? and if so
> where does the number come from? and is this the way Windows does
Correct, The first number is a hashed value of the domain part of the SID
and the "last part of the SID" is usually called the RID.
Can you check if setting ldap_idmap_autorid_compat to True would yield
the same IDs as winbind does? (Sorry I don't have a box with winbind
handy and I always forget the details).
I have tried it and no it wouldn't, with S3 winbind I got:
uid=21105(user) gid=20513(domain_users) groups=20513(domain_users)
With the line added into sssd.conf and winbind turned off, I now get:
uid=201105(user) gid=200513(domain_users) groups=200513(domain_users)
> When you say 'the same output as the winbind mapper',
> are you refering to, the winbind on the Samba 4 server or the
> winbind on the Samba 3 client?
Both actually. You really want to have the IDs consistent everywhere.
That is the problem, the built into samba4 winbind returns different
uid=3000016(DOMAIN\user) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)
>> 2) Switch to using POSIX IDs instead of mapping them from SIDs with both
>> winbind and SSSD. All that should be needed on the SSSD side is set:
>> ldap_id_mapping = False
>> to sssd.conf and restart the SSSD (you might need to rm the cache as
>> SSSD doesn't really handle UID/GID changes very well yet).
>> On the winbind side, I'm a little fuzzy on the details, but I believe
>> this could be done with "winbind nss info" configuration option.
> The problem here is the use of winbind, I cannot get the idmap_ad
> backend to work at all, and idmap_rid gives a different uid from the
> Samba 4 server
So which mapper does the S4 server use?
I do not know, I only know it is different
from the S3 winbind.
>> From where I am 1) sounds like easier to implement since all you'd be
>> changing is sssd.conf
> I am being to think that the way forward is to stop winbind on the
> Samba 4 server and use sssd instead.
That is a noble goal and one which we wanted to accomplish in the
upcoming 1.10 release, but it was postponed to the next one:
The Samba server seems to be leveraging an interface only winbind is
able to serve at the moment to convert SIDs to GIDs on the server side.
I don't know all the details, sorry, maybe on of the Samba developers
lurking on this list would chime in.
I don't understand this, by removing the S4 winbind links on the server
and installing sssd 1.9.4, I appear to have got it to work, I now have
consistent uid's & gid's without any real effort.
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.