There is a typo in the *subject*. The correct version we released is *1.9.7*
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jakub Hrozek" <jhrozek(a)redhat.com>
To: sssd-devel(a)lists.fedorahosted.org, sssd-users(a)lists.fedorahosted.org,
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 2:10:45 PM
Subject: Announcing SSSD 1.9.6 - SSSD 1.9.x goes EOL
=== SSSD 1.9.7 ===
The SSSD team is proud to announce the release of version 1.9.7 of
the System Security Services Daemon.
Most importantly, SSSD 1.9.7 is the last planned release of the LTM
sssd-1-9 branch. User of SSSD 1.9.x are advised to upgrade to SSSD 1.11.x
which will become the next LTM version. Another 1.9.x tarball would only
be released in case of a critical security issue or a regression caused
by the patches in 1.9.7.
As always, the source is available from https://fedorahosted.org/sssd
This is a bugfix release with a minor feature enhancement -- see
the changelog below for details.
== Feedback ==
Please provide comments, bugs and other feedback via the sssd-devel or
sssd-users mailing lists:
== Highlights ==
* This release is the last supported upstream release in the 1.9.x
series. Users of sssd-1.9 are advised to upgrade to sssd-1.11
* A memory leak in the netgroup code of the NSS responder was fixed
* Subdomains inherit min_id/max_id limits of parent domains. The user-visible
effect of this bug was that adding system users or groups with shadow-utils
took too long.
* The default_domain_suffix is ignored in the autofs responder, making it
possible to use default_domain_suffix along with autofs integration
* Several fixes related to Kerberos DIR cache support were backported from
== Tickets Fixed ==
GSSAPI working only on first login
If both IPA and LDAP are set up with enumeration on, two enum
tasks are running
sssd_nss grows memory footprint when netgroups are requested
sssd_be segfaults if empty grop is resolved using ad_matching_rule
[RFE] If originalDN is not available during LDAP auth, the SSSD
should look it up
Do not fail if initgroups returns NOT_FOUND
Creating system accounts on a IdM client takes up to 10 minutes
when AD trust is configured in the IdM.
== Detailed Changelog ==
Aron Parsons (1):
* do not use default_domain_suffix with autofs
Jakub Hrozek (7):
* Bumping the version for 1.9.7
* Inherit ID limits of parent domains if set
* PROXY: Handle empty GECOS
* LDAP: Split out a request to search for a user w/o saving
* LDAP: Search for original DN during auth if it's missing
* LDAP: Initialize user count for AD matching rule
* Updating translations for the 1.9.7 release
Lukas Slebodnik (6):
* NSS: Fix memory leak in sss_setnetgrent
* AUTOTOOLS: krb5 1.12 is also supported krb5 libs
* LDAP: Setup periodic task only once.
* Fix wrong detection of krb5 ccname
* Every time return directory for krb5 cache collection.
* Do not switch to credentials everytime.
Simo Sorce (1):
* proxy: Allow initgroup to return NOTFOUND