Ryan Rix http://rix.Si
http://opensource.com : Where Open Source multiplies
From: Carol Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Jul 14, 2011 12:40
Subject: Re: [Announce] 2011 GSoC Student Midterm Evaluations 11 July - 15 July
To: GSoC students <email@example.com>
Hi GSoC 2011 Students,
Per the timeline  for this year, midterm evaluations start next week. Here's some instructions to help you through them. Please read them carefully as they contain a lot of important information about your evaluation.
Midterm evaluations are done via Melange . Starting at 19:00 UTC on 11 July you will be able to submit an evaluation of your project, the program, and your mentor thus far. You can find the evaluation link on your dashboard under 'Evaluations'. The deadline for submissions is 19:00 UTC on 15 July. If you are curious about who can see your submitted evaluations, please check out the FAQ on Evaluations . I have also pre-published the evaluation questions below in this email so you can prepare.
You may submit, modify, and resubmit an evaluation as many times as you choose up until the deadline. You must fill out the evaluation entirely in one session, though, as there is no auto-save in Melange yet. After the deadline no further modifications are allowed. You may not submit your evaluation before the evaluation window opens.
**Students must have an evaluation on file from both themselves *and* a passing evaluation from their mentor in order to receive their midterm payments.** Please keep this in mind to ensure your payments are not delayed.
I will file payments for all passing students at 19:30 UTC on 15 July, which means you can expect your funds to be active on your card on or before 19 July if all evaluations for you are in order.
Please let me know directly if you have questions or concerns.
 - http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2011
 - http://google-melange.com
 - http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/faqs#evals
- How many years have you participated in Google Summer of Code? (Total - this doesn’t have to be consecutive.)
- This is my first year
- 2-3 years
- More than three years
- At what point did you *first* make contact with your mentor?
- Before the program was announced
- Before the organization was selected to participate in Google Summer of Code but after the program was announced
- After the organization was selected to participate in Google Summer of Code
- During the student application/acceptance phase of the program
- During the community bonding period
- After the start of coding
- How often do you and your mentor interact?
- Every few days
- Every few weeks
- How much time do you spend on Google Summer of Code per week. (Coding time plus meeting with your mentor and/or organization and time spent planning.):
- 10-15 hours
- 15-20 hours
- 20-25 hours
- 25-30 hours
- 30-35 hours
- 35-40 hours
- More than 40 hours per week
- Please rate the quality of interactions and communications with your mentor. (Consider your communications with him/her as well as his/her responses.)
- Very Good
- Are you on track to complete your project?
- I’ve already completed my project
- I am ahead of schedule
- I am on schedule
- I am behind schedule
- How would you describe the quality of work you’ve produced thus far?
- Exceeds my personal expectations
- Meets my personal expectations
- Does not meet my personal expectations
- How responsive is your mentor to you when you have questions or send communications?
- Very responsive (average of 24 hours or less before response)
- Somewhat responsive (1-2 days before response)
- Not at all responsive (3 or more days before response)
- Give one example of a very good or very bad interaction you had with your mentor.
- What one thing do you think you could do to improve the quality of your interactions with your mentor?
- Would you want to work with this mentor again (in any capacity)?
- I’m Not Sure
- Would you want to work with this organization again (in any capacity)?
- I’m Not Sure
- What do you consider the best aspect of participating in Google Summer of Code?
- What do you consider the most challenging aspect of participating in Google Summer of Code?
- Would you apply for Google Summer of Code in an upcoming year?
- Not Sure
- Anything else you’d like to tell us or suggestions on how we could improve the program?