I won't be able to attend tomorrows meeting but I should be available to
chat shortly thereafter.
Somethings I'd like to bring up in my absence
* Sway Kickstart ISOs are currently semi-automated and available at
* Shortly after Kickstart ISOs automation is completed ostree will
likely move to https://sway-sig.kutara.io/ostree
(I'll update more info
on that later. It will also likely be available on it's old location as
* I think we should start committing to a login manager soon. There's
seems to not be a clear cut winner so maybe we should lay out some
pros/cons of our options
* Great work to Aleksei, Jiri, and anyone else involved working though
libcombs, fedora-sway-config, and Kickstart ground work
* In the coming days I'd love to update our Change Proposal on ways to
test the spin, and minor details about fedora-sway-config. I've been
holding off a refactor on it until I iron some of our automated builds.
In my eyes we're close to having a solid foundation and being able to
start working on the fun stuff very soon :)
On 8/23/22 18:13, Aleksei Bavshin wrote:
/* begin fedocal message template */
You are kindly invited to the meeting:
Fedora Sway SIG on 2022-08-24 from 14:00:00 to 15:00:00 UTC
The meeting will be about:
Bi-weekly meeting to discuss progress of the Fedora Sway Spin development:
Local time: `date -d '14:00 UTC'`
(`env TZ=Europe/Prague date -d '14:00 UTC'` for non-default timezone)
IRC: [#fedora-sway at
/* end fedocal message template */
- Continue talking about the ostree variant name.
Please, also check the naming scheme suggested in a new policy,
as it seems to satisfy the demand for a clear, understandable name.
- Environment variables, virtual GPU compatibility hacks, etc. - see
two pending pull requests in fedora-sway-configs.
- List of included software. Launcher, terminal, notifications,
whatever else we have time to talk about.
- Open floor and general progress discussion.
Sway mailing list -- sway(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe send an email to sway-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Fedora Code of Conduct: https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/
List Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Do not reply to spam, report it: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue