Recently I've had cause to run memtest on some relatively modern systems
(Haswell, Haswell refresh, and Kaby Lake R). On all three systems the
memtest86+ provided with the Fedora Workstation Live media failed.
On the Haswell and Haswell refresh machines it froze shortly after
starting. It didn't matter if the test was run in 'Safe Mode', or with SMP.
On the Kaby Lake R machine it causes the machine to reboot before
It works fine on an older Wolfdale Core 2 Duo.
I've tried this with both the Workstation Live 31 and a 32 Beta image.
Has anyone else seen this? Should there be a test case? Should it just
be dropped since memtest86+ appears to be dead upstream, and doesn't
support UEFI (and possibly doesn't work)?
Fedora 32 beta:
Whit a default installation, it is no longer possible to open the
properties panel of the installed extensions.
Neither from the gnome shell extension site, nor from gnome-tweak and
nor from the command line is possible access to extension properties
The /usr/bin/gnome-shell-extension-prefs file is moved from package
gnome-shell into gnome-extensions-app
This package is not installed by default.
To resolve you must run:
sudo yum install gnome-extensions-app
IMHO: it's better to bind this package with some dependency to package
[lesca@dodo ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/gnome-shell-extension-prefs
[lesca@localhost ~]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/gnome-shell-extension-prefs
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 31 Workstation)
cross-posting test@ and desktop@
Fedora Workstation 32 (upgraded from f31)
Laptop on battery power set aside, 12 hours later it's dead instead of
sleeping. On F31 it reliably would sleep after 20 minutes.
Sleep still happens when pressing the power button and closing the
lid. It seems to be a GNOME automatic suspend timer problem.
Using dconf editor, I changed the
Custom value 30 and the problem doesn't happen. Is there a way to
increase debug messages somehow to find out whether this timeout is
being reached? And what process or policy is causing it to be reset?
With the available information I can't figure out what's preventing
I'd installed a new ibus-m17n input method to answer a question on Ask
Fedora. It was installed correctly, but when I click on the "show
keyboard layout" button either in Gnome-settings or in the top panel
bar, nothing happens. Instead, it appears that something somewhere
Abrt filed this for me
Steps to reproduce:
- F32, up to date install
- ensure ibus-m17n is installed,
- Go to Gnome-settings: region + languages
- In input sources, click "+", search for "Hindi".
- Click "Hindi" to see the available methods.
- Select one to install: Hindi (inscript(m17n)) or Hindi
- Once installed, click the "eye" icon to see the keyboard layout.
- Nothing happens, each time one clicks the number of crashes in abrt
seems to increase by one too.
I don't remember testing it on F31, so I cannot say if this is a bug in
F32 or one that has always been there.
Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD" (He / Him / His) | https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha
Time zone: Europe/London