On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 5:44 AM Kamil Paral <kparal(a)redhat.com> wrote:
The reason for this proposal is this bugzilla  and this blocker
ticket  where we discussed whether we should ship an older Firefox on F33 Beta media,
which was known to completely wipe the whole user profile on upgraded systems. We
didn't (and still don't) have any release criterion which says that this situation
should not occur. Fortunately, in the F33 Beta case, we managed to ship a fixed version of
Firefox in time, and so we didn't really need to make a decision back then.
My recollection is the older Firefox did ship on beta media. There
wasn't a newer successfully built Firefox still.
But yeah, I support moving the criterion to beta. The language says
"must be fixed or documented" - who decides which? It reads like there
are up to three decisions to make for this criterion: 1) is it a
blocker? 2) should it be documented or fixed for beta? 3) should it be
documented or fixed for final?