On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:22 +0800, xuan.ai wrote:
I'm new here and i'm looking for a mentor, please see my information
Time Zone / Country: UTC+8/China
- Knowlegde of bash shell scripts
- Knowlegde of the C programming language
- Knowlegde of software testing
- used work for a game studio as a full time tester, test experince
- In-game test, walkthrough and report bugs.
- Localization test, focus on the text translation
- ETR(Expected Technical Requirement) compliance test, which mainly
about game installer/uninstaller behavior.
- Data warehouse tool test(based on MySQL).
Why i'm joining:
- i like linux and i'm trying to start a linux career, i'm looking for a
community project for a period, after read the material of Fedora
project i think this test project is a good start for me.
What i'm looking to do (be specific):
- i'm ready for both system test and application test, just like i
mentioned in the title, i can use a mentor's help to start the vital
How much time you can contribute (usually hours per week):
- About 5 to 10 hours a week.
Since i quit my testing job a few month ago, i was taking a linux
developer's training (the courses includ the C programming language,
data structure, socket programming, etc.), now i'm trying to start a
As English is not my first language, if there's any expression in my
mail confused your, just inform me.
Excuse me? Is this mail to me?
Anyway, nice to meat you here Xuan Ai. I'm new too:). I think you can
join the Chinese mail group too, as we can use Chinese in that mail
list. However, I applied for join the Chinese mail list two days ago,
but it has not passed yet:(. I think Chinese mail list's owner is
In my opinion, if you don't have assigned task here, you don't need to
commit work hour here:), do anything you like. You can try different
features in fedora and you can read documents you are interesting in.
Report bugs if you like, you'd better to apply for a bugzilla account in
case you want to report bugs.
If you are interesting in coding, you can join a project you like.
Someone signatured as JBG told me that a project named AutoQA is finding
resource. I'm studying it, I think I will join it when I'm ready.