Bug ID: 1035606
Summary: xxd manpage got garbled in Japanese locale
Product: Fedora Localization
Component: Japanese [ja]
QA Contact: noriko(a)redhat.com
CC: noriko(a)redhat.com, trans-ja(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Description of problem:
$ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man xxd
I got a lot of UTF8 surrogate pair encoding. looks like a garbled page.
I found when I saw the xxd manpage.
Same issue occured in vim-common package includs in Japanese locale manpage.
In other Japanese manpage, it looks like ok (ex. LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
It`s easy, following command below.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man xxd
2. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man evim
3. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man vim
4. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man vimdiff
5. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man vimdiff
6. $ LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man vimtutor
(It`s ok example: LC_MESSAGES=ja_JP.utf8 man nkf)
UTF8 surrogate pair encoding in manpage.
Japanese character looks like fine.
Invalid manpage same as below:
$ zcat /usr/share/man/ja/man1/xxd.1.gz | file -
/dev/stdin: troff or preprocessor input, UTF-8 Unicode text, with LF, NEL
Valid manpage same as below:
$ zcat /usr/share/man/ja/man1/nkf.1.gz | file -
/dev/stdin: troff or preprocessor input, UTF-8 Unicode text
I AM sorry my dirrty english.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Unsubscribe from this bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/token.cgi?t=okvO2wrQTE&a=cc_unsubscribe
Transifex から Zanata へ移行する計画について、L10N 日本語チームからの意見も求められています。
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Noriko Mizumoto <noriko(a)fedoraproject.org>
Date: 2014-08-26 14:01 GMT+09:00
Subject: Go or No-Go for Move to Zanata Stage 0 -> Stage 1
To: Fedora Translation Project List <trans(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
I've confirmed with docs team and websites team for all their projects
and the owners to be migrated. The list can be found here . And now
I've started the discussion with FESCO to get support . You can add
your self in the ticket.
Now I've been asked by FESCO when the go/no-go decision is made. There
have been many positive posts to move to zanata, but I like to request
all to make a clear decision to move forward to the production instance
(aka stage1). I've set the end date of Stage0 to 31-Sep (software
translation deadline is 23-Sep). Or let me know if we can decide earlier :)
All, could you please discuss within your team and give your team
decision to this list by this date.
For historical data to be retained, there is only one bug filed for
translator credit , and got the answer please see the bug. Another I
can think of is 'reviewed' mark. Chatting with camunoz, those can not be
retained, but there is such feature in Zanata and we can utilize for
Any information you need to make a decision, please feel free to ask or
file a bug.
# I will be out of town btw 3-21 Sep and may not respond.
trans mailing list