On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 17:01, Luc de Louw <luc(a)delouw.ch> wrote:
I'm a Linux guy since 1994. First contact was with SuSE-Linux. Since
2000 Linux is not only my hobby anymore, it is also my profession.
In ~2002 I begun to translate KDE and related software to German. Later
I unfortunately did not got the anymore to do some more translations.
Since ~2008 I'm working mostly with RHEL, CentOS and Fedora.
In 2010 @FUDCon2010 in Zurich I made my first personal contacts with the
Fedora community and I recognized it is a nice community with VERY nice
So I decided to help the Fedora Community as good as I can.
General experiences on topic
- Docbook SGML (I published two TLDP docs)
- Thus some Docbook XLM knowledge
- GNU Gettext (msg-merge and friends etc) KDE and others
- General documentation in technical environments
Further Fedora and RHEL related experiances:
- Directory Services and Authentication Certificate of Expertise EX423
- Basic Knowledge about building RPMs
- Quite good with knowledge about about Spacewalk and RHN Satellite
Albisrieden, Zurich, Switzerland
CET/CEST (UTC+1, UTC+2)
- German (Mother tongue)
- English (fluent)
- French (good, not so fluent anymore)
- Spanish (some very basics)
I'm unsure what will be the next steps to help you, please advice...
Great to have you onboard! Having DocBook XML experience will be a
great plus as all of our formal documentation uses DocBook XML for the
Please join us on IRC in #fedora-docs. That is where our
day-to-day operations occur. We also meet on Thursdays at 00:01
UTC in #fedora-meeting.
Fedora Docs Project Lead