Fdor <fdor6(a)yahoo.es> has canceled Bug Zapper
<triage(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>'s request for needinfo:
Bug 578965: nouveau driver does not work with geforce 6100
------- Additional Comments from Fdor <fdor6(a)yahoo.es>
Fixed in Fedora 15.
- upgraded to Fedora 15.
- removed "nomodeset" from kernel booting parameters.
- forced "nouveau" driver in xorg conf.
A minor problem:
- While booting, the graphical boot is shown for some seconds (~2 sec.).
- Then, the screen goes into black (my monitor goes into power saving mode)
until the end of the booting process.
- Then, the screen is changed from black to the graphical login (gdm).
- Finally, I enter username and password, kde is loaded correctly (screen
doesn't change its mode nor goes into black), and I can work perfectly with all
I know the graphical booting is complex, so I consider the black screen problem
as minor. Hope it will be fixed.