On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:16:53 +0100 Ger van Dijck wrote:
Hi All ,
Is there a possibility to convert an existing FC27.i686 to FC27.x86_64 OS ?
I installed long agoo the i686 architexture on elder machines and did
proceed doing so on 64 Bits and PAE capabel machines .
Now I intent to switch from i686 to x86_64 : So the question is , can I do
so only by a fresh install ,
or is there an "easier" way ?
Same here. My strategy (not yet done, still thinking about):
- Get a list of all installed packages to a save place
- Save all modified configs (maybe complete /etc)
- Do a fresh install of the x86_64
- Install all in the save package list
- Restore configs (from saved)
Can a guru tell us if this will result in the same system in 64bit architecture.