On 07/28/2015 11:17 AM, William wrote:
I tried that. No change; same behavior. It also doesn't matter when I
set the filter to be run. I checked for other user filters; there are
none. I have several e-mail accounts in Thunderbird, but this problem
shows up only for Fedora list messages, and only in the one e-mail
account that I use for the Fedora list. If I recall correctly, this
problem started showing up in late spring. Is anyone else seeing this
behavior? Is there something in the Fedora list message headers that is
bugging Thunderbird's spam-checking code, and can be adjusted? This
seems to not be a Thunderbird issue and not a Fedora issue, but a Fedora
Try this: remove the filter completely and close the list of filters.
Then, reopen the list and create a new filter, giving it a different
name and typing in the email address from scratch instead of using
Copy/Paste. It sounds a tad heavy-handed, but there's a possibility
that there's a non-printing character stuck in there that's fscking
Back when I did Windows support for an ISP, there were times that simply
removing and replacing the user's password for Dial-Up didn't work.
Having the caller use the Backspace key to remove the password and
holding it down for at least a second after the box was cleared did.
No, I don't know if there were invisible characters there, but it's as
good an explanation as any.