Morgan Gangwere wrote at 10:55 -0700 on Nov 4, 2013:
I'm running into a strange problem during resume on a Dell mini
(inspiron 910) when running F19. After coming from Debian and
having a flawless suspend, this seems strange.
I have removed the @gnome group and added @xfce
* Suspend to RAM
* Resume from RAM
* Xscreensaver hangs for about a minute, then pops out an authentication prompt.
* System is slow and sluggish -- Networking is disabled and lots of things seem broken.
* attempt to look at dmesg to see if something is wrong
* dmesg spits out nothing related to suspend/resume
* Check journald, which hangs and
- exits 0,
- or responds that D-Bus is gone and it doesnt know what happened.
* Attempt to restart
- calling 'halt' immediately fails
- calling 'shutdown -h 0' never does anything (took 1 hour to respond that
D-Bus had gone away.
- magic SysReq doesn't work (USB keyboard)
- Sometimes if X is running, I get punted back to a broken login prompt in Lightdm
* Kill power and hard restart.
Attached is journald recording the failure.
Morgan Gangwere <indrora(a)earfolds.com>
Nov 03 21:58:20 localhost.localdomain kernel: PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Nov 03 21:58:20 localhost.localdomain kernel: PM: Preparing system for mem sleep
-- time passes --
Nov 04 10:15:49 localhost.localdomain kernel: Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed
0.003 seconds) done.
Nov 04 10:15:50 localhost.localdomain kernel: Freezing remaining freezable tasks ...
(elapsed 0.000 seconds) done.
Nov 04 10:15:49 localhost.localdomain systemd: Caught <SEGV>, core dump failed.
Try updating your kernel.