On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:13:41 -0400, Robert wrote:
I have just completed a new install on my ASUS ee 701 and now am
to do a yum update. I am hitting some missing dependencies. I will TRY
and get them all here, reading from one screen and typing here...
python-nose by numpy
kasumi by ibus-anthy
python-enchant by ibus-pinyin
jline by rhino
yum suggests I use 0--skip-broken 'to work around the problem'
Unusual with a fresh install.
Let me recommend a few things:
1) Cut'n'paste or attach the full Yum output. Don't truncate it.
2) Show output of "yum repolist".
3) The most recent list of unresolved dependencies in Fedora 11
with updates and updates-testing is this:
Sometimes packagers create additional missing dependencies (not covered by
the report linked above) when they create a dependency between packages in
the "updates" repo and related updates still sitting in the
The dependency problems you refer to have not appeared in any reports
recently (not either when disabling the updates-testing repo).
4) For each package you get missing dependencies, post the following
rpm --query PACKAGENAME (e.g. rpm --query numpy)
yum list PACKAGENAME
yum list NAME_OF_MISSING_PACKAGE (e.g. yum list python-nose)
5) If you can "yum install yum-utils", look for the tools included in
it, such as "package-cleanup". Try "package-cleanup --dupes" (and
if it finds duplicate packages "package-cleanup --cleandupes) and