robyduck reported a new issue against the project: `fedora-websites` that you are
This is a proposal which also needs inputs from Infra folks - @kevin @puiterwijk
Actually we build this website hourly and still maintain the code to make happy the
builder, but we redirect people to flocktofedora.org
, which means nobody uses this website
While also fedoraproject.org
has a redirect, the main domain will be used again in the
future and still serves some minor bits to developers (i.e. network-manager) and users.
## Reasons ##
should be dropped because:
* FUDCons are *dead*
* If a region wants to organize a FUDCon-like event, it will probably have its own website
* fudcon.fp.o is not mobile friendly and doesn't use our bootstrap layout, pages are
very old style
* fudcon.fp.o has no Internationalization, means it is not translatable
* Traffic we had on this website before redirecting it, has been very very low
* In the future we won't need this subdomain
I am also asking for Infra inputs, because if we decide to drop it from the repo, we will
need to make some changes also in Ansible, in order to not look for it during the build.
Any reference to this website needs to be dropped too.
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email