Earlier I was testing Xen pv_ops dom0 kernel with Fedora 10, and after I got it
working I decided to repeat the tests with Fedora 11 (rawhide).
There was problems with the latest pv_ops dom0 xen-tip/next kernel tree for a while,
but those problems are now resolved, and I got my Fedora 11 testbox working,
so I decided to write here about my success.
- Fedora 11 (rawhide as of 2009-05-05)
- Xen included in F11, no external patches (xen-3.3.1-11.fc11)
- xen-tip/next pv_ops dom0 kernel as of 2009-05-06, Linux 2.6.30-rc3.
- All the rest was standard stuff included in Fedora 11 aswell
With this setup I'm able to run Xen paravirtual (PV) domUs, install new
domUs using virt-install and also install and manage domains with virt-manager.
- Xen HVM support is not yet working with pv_ops dom0 kernel
Earlier problems with VGA text console have also been fixed, so grub
menu.lst entry like this now works:
title Fedora Xen pv_ops dom0-test (2.6.30-rc3-tip)
kernel /xen-3.3.gz dom0_mem=1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
module /vmlinuz-2.6.30-rc3-tip ro root=/dev/vg00/lv01
Or if you want to have serial console, use this:
title Fedora Xen pv_ops dom0-test (2.6.30-rc3-tip) / serial console
kernel /xen-3.3.gz dom0_mem=1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all com1=19200,8n1
module /vmlinuz-2.6.30-rc3-tip ro root=/dev/vg00/lv01 console=hvc0
Hopefully someone finds this information interesting! :)
Show replies by date