xfce 4.16 is expected to be released by the end of the year. I am
planning to submit Xfce 4.16 as a self contained change for Fedora 34.
Before I do that, I would like people to test 4.16 packages on rawhide.
If you can, please test the 4.16 packages in the COPR below and provide
feedback. Of course, these are not *official* packages. Please respond
here on the mailing list or to me directly.
COPR for Xfce 4.16 -
In my tests, I have been able to upgrade from F33 xfce 4.14 packages
with very few problems (e.g. orage needs to be removed). It will help me
for folks to test and let me know if there are problems.
For a few days, I have this weird issue where the UI freezes every
time I open a file dialog (or Thunar), but after the first time, it is
responsive again. Here are a few situations where I see this:
- Starting Thunar
- The initial window shows up after >20 seconds
- right click to bring up the context menu, >15 seconds
- any subsequent context menus appear instantaneously
- similar behaviour for all subsequent thunar windows
- during the slow down, I can still move around the window but can't
bring up any menus
- Opening the file dialog in an application
- trying to open the file selection dialog takes >20 seconds
- tried with applications like Evince, Libreoffice, Ristretto, Mousepad
- any subsequent attempts are instantaneous, until I restart the application
I have looked at .xsession-errors, and output from `journalctl
--user`, there was nothing obvious.
Any idea what's going on? How can I debug this?
Open source is the future. It sets us free.