On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 07:22:57 +0100
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
Xfce 4.8 is supposed to be released on 2010-04-12.
Currently the Xfce SIG is planing to ship it in F13, although this is
ambitious. The Xfce milestones are very close to the F13 schedule and
might be delayed. We only have 8 days to from the release of pre1 till
Feature freeze. If there is nothing to test at feature freeze, the
feature may be dropped from F13.
Yep. We can but try and see what we can do. ;)
The current plan is:
* F13 Alpha will come with Xfce 4.8pre1 (15 days from release to
* F13 Beta will come with Xfce 4.8pre2 (22 days from release to
* F13 RC will come with Xfce 4.8final (17 days from release to
* Reviews for the 3 new packages garcon, tumbler and libxfceui
are in progress
I'll try and get to 2 of those today. :)
* Xfce components that already have a 4.7/4.8 release (not yet
* exo 0.5.1
* libxfce4util 4.7.1
* xfconf 4.7.0
* xfce4-settings 4.7.0
as soon as we have the 3 new ones available, I will setup a local repo
and try and do updates here. Then we can build and test before we
commit to devel.