Zarafa 6.40.0 has been submitted for updates-testing (EPEL 5 and 6, Fedora
12, 13 and Rawhide). Please note, that the zarafa-indexer package can't be
built for EPEL 6 right now due to a crash bug in CLucene 0.9.21. I already
requested with https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=600925
to CLucene 0.9.21b for RHEL 6 (beta) which fixes the multithreading issue.
Here is the list of changes in Zarafa 6.40.0 final :
Changelog 6.40.0 Final 
- Full-text indexing with cLucene, search instantly through all items &
- New high-performance process model to reduce amount of MySQL connections
and context switching
- Improved Global Addressbook
- Hide/Unhide entries
- Nested groups support
- Dynamic groups (generated member list)
- Contacts & Aliases
- Support for different resource types (room, equipment)
- Ability to change nonactive user to active and vice versa
- Configurable cached sessions for php extension
- The option to hide the user SYSTEM
- Support zarafa schema in ADS global catalog
- Language environment variable for Zarafa daemons can be set
- More caches are configurable from server.cfg
- General bug fixing
- Advanced search function for all items
- Search using various parameters in any folder
- Today view, shows overview of the day
- Addressbook additions with more information and quicksearch
- Keyboard control
- Delegation wizard
- Possible to permanently delete item via SHIFT+DEL.
- Have option to set calendar lines to 5,10,15,30 and 60 minutes instead
of. 30 minutes.
- Appointment block shown on ..:15 and ..45.
- Button for sent/receive
- Notification of conflicting appointments in the meeting request
- Option to open shared sub-folders
- Notification of conflicting appointments in the meeting request.
- Able to add comment when accepting/declining meeting request.
- Outlook 2003 Coloured flags in Webaccess.
- Whole day appointments do not show busy state colour.
- Refresh button for calendar in the webaccess.
- Suggestion list should appear for contacts in meeting request
- General bug fixing
IMPORTANT: Zarafa 6.40.0 is a major update, which will definately make it
into all Fedora and EPEL branches sooner or later. If you're using a LDAP
related authentication, please read the Zarafa Administrator Manual:
Beside of that, it's recommented that you have anyway a look to the new
Zarafa Administrator Manual regarding the configuration of the new features
You should be able to update to Zarafa 6.40.0 by using something like:
yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing zarafa zarafa-webaccess
on all Fedora releases and for Fedora EPEL you should use the following:
yum update --enablerepo=epel-testing zarafa zarafa-webaccess
After testing, please add positive or negative karma to the Zarafa packages
And if you should find bugs or issues, please fill a bug report in Red Hat
Bugzilla as described here:
Your feedback is very much appreciated.