[Fedora-directory-devel] preop modify plugin woes

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Oct 30 22:40:51 UTC 2006

Huddleson Nathanael - nhuddl wrote:
> I'm working on a preop modify plugin to add additional password
> strength tests.  As I have been working through it, I had many
> troubles until I decided to print the password to the logs.  It seems
> that the password is being encoded into password storage hash before
> my pre-op function gains access to it.  Is there a way to define a
> function that is exectuted before the hash is applied, or maybe a way
> to retrieve the un-hashed password in the modify function?
/* Used to make unhashed passwords available to plugins. */
#define    PSEUDO_ATTR_UNHASHEDUSERPASSWORD    "unhashed#user#password"

See -
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/lxr/dirsec/source/ldapserver/ldap/servers/slapd/slap.h#287

However, slap.h is a "private" interface - we should probably move this
to slapi-plugin.h